follow me on pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, October 8, 2011

In Search of Frog Tree Chunky Alpaca Yarn in Brooklyn....




I'm in the midst of recycling some green and pink Frog Tree Chunky Alpaca 
yarn in to a striped shawl cardigan sweater and I'm fearing that I'll run out. My friend Whitney and I bought this yarn a couple of years ago at the Yarn Tree on Bedford Ave in Williamsburg. Whitney finished her beautiful v-neck sweater with her yarn and some help from Linda the owner of the Yarn Tree. I crocheted mine into a hat and scarf that I no longer want, but still love the yarn so I'm recycling it. The problem is I don't know where to get more in the same colors. Linda has since closed the Yarn Tree shop on Bedford and moved to Ashville, NC. The yarn is available online, but I can't quite match the yarn color to the computer screen. I may have to use a different color all together. Its a beautiful yarn and above is Whitney in her beautiful sweater. The pattern she used is from her mother's collection of vintage patterns. Her mother is also an AMAZING knitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment